Gresham Smith Names New Owners
Gresham Smith is excited to announce that on April 13, 2023, the following employees were recognized as new owners during the firm’s annual Celebration event.
- Jennifer Carter, AIA, LEED AP – Nashville, Tennessee. As a Project Executive in the firm’s Healthcare market, Jennifer is instrumental in bringing facilities to life. With nearly 20 years of experience, her impressive portfolio includes numerous projects for Middle Tennessee-based Community Health Systems and HCA Healthcare.
- Adrienne Ciuba, AIA, EIT – Nashville, Tennessee. As a Senior Architect, Mixed-use Studio Leader and Technical Practice Leader in the Life and Work Places market, Adrienne promotes and leads a learning environment that is integral to staff development and personal growth. She’s served as a Project Manager and Architect of Record on a number of local projects, including ONE22ONE, which was just named Office Development of the Year by the Nashville chapter of NAIOP.
- Cody Crews, P.E. – Nashville, Tennessee. As Middle Tennessee Area Roadway Department Leader, Cody oversees our portfolio of roadway work with the Tennessee Department of Transportation and other local agencies. He has established himself as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert with his clients, and he’s contributed to a number of high-profile local projects, including the I-40/Donelson Pike interchange improvement at the airport and the replacement of the Broadway Viaduct bridge replacement.
- Joseph Duke – Nashville, Tennessee. Joseph joined the firm in 2022 as the Director of Information Technology. In his role, he plays a critical role in continuing to improve the firm’s cybersecurity actions and our data analytics initiative.
- Christian Dunaway, P.E. – Alpharetta, Georgia. As Market Vice President, Christian leads the Water + Environment market’s day-to-day operations and provides professional growth and development opportunities for the group’s nearly 100 professionals across seven states. Over the course of his 25-year career, he’s been heavily involved with a number of clients in the Atlanta area, including Gwinnett County, DeKalb County, and City of Atlanta. Christian is a member of the Georgia Association of Water Professionals, the American Water Works Association, the Water Environmental Federation, and the Design Build Institute of America.
- Patrick Fiveash, P.E., CPESC – Knoxville, Tennessee. As a Senior Transportation Engineer, Patrick is responsible for the growth and development of the transportation design team in East Tennessee. He has developed a reputation as a trusted leader among municipal agencies in East Tennessee for delivering award-winning design and knowledge of TDOT’s processes and policies. He’s active with ASCE Tennessee, where he formerly served as president.
- Justin Hethcote, P.E., LEED AP BD+C, CxA – Nashville, Tennessee. As a Senior Mechanical Engineer in the firm’s Building Engineering market, Justin helps drive the firm’s building commissioning practice forward. He’s worked on a variety of healthcare, education, retail, industrial, restaurant and call center projects over the course of his nearly 20-year career. Justin is an active member of the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers, as well as the AABC Commissioning Group.
- Lesa Lorusso, Ph.D., MBA, MSArch, RID, Allied AIA – Orlando, Florida. As the Healthcare Director of Research and Insights, Lesa strengthens the firm’s healthcare planning and design by applying empirical and design thinking methodologies that enhance the human experience and operational efficiencies. She has contributed to research funded by the Centers for Disease Control, published work in a variety of professional journals, and is an active member of the American Institute of Architects and the Environmental Design Research Association.
- Adam Nicholson, AIA – Nashville, Tennessee. As an Architect and Studio Design Leader in the Life and Work Places market, Adam is responsible for elevating project quality through a collaborative, team-driven process that seeks to deliver design excellence. He brings 17 years of architectural experience with a wide range of mixed-use, corporate, civic, residential and institutional projects. His design leadership has been primarily dedicated to transformative local work with the Capitol View and Nashville Yards developments.
- Lauren Seydewitz, LEED AP BD+C – As Gresham Smith’s Sustainability and Resiliency Program Manager, Lauren focuses on integrating sustainable and resilient design solutions into projects to create added value for clients. She’s worked at the U.S. EPA, represents Gresham Smith on the AIA Large Firm Roundtable Sustainability Committee, and is a member of the U.S. Green Building Council.
- Nilanjana Snyder, AIA, LEED AP – Jacksonville, Florida. As an Architect and Project Executive in the firm’s Healthcare market, Nilanjana manages all aspects of the firm’s work for HCA Healthcare. She has more than two decades of experience planning, designing and managing projects for healthcare clients. In addition to her project leadership, Nilanjana co-founded the Jacksonville Women in Architecture local chapter and was nationally recognized a Sho-Pig Chin Grant recipient at the American Institute of Architects’ National Women’s Leadership Summit.
- Tonya Spry – Nashville, Tennessee. As Director of Human Resources, Tonya directs the firm’s human capital functions and manages the strategy and operations of the Human Resources team. Since joining the firm, she has established herself as a trusted business partner who aligns Human Resources strategies with the firm’s operational and business needs. Outside of the office, Tonya is active in her community as a member of The Table, Advancing Women in Nashville and the national and Middle Tennessee chapters of the Society for Human Resource Management.
- Erin Thoresen, AICP – Atlanta, Georgia. As Senior Transportation Planner, she has helped grow our Georgia Transportation Planning Department to become a significant competitor in the Georgia market through an increasingly diverse mix of projects. She has played a major role in projects such as Cobb County’s Greenways and Trails Master Plan and the Chattahoochee RiverLands Greenway Study.
Back row, left to right: Kelly Hodges, Adam Nicholson, Adrienne Ciuba, Rodney Chester, Peter Oram, Randy Gibson, Dwayne West, Justin Hethcote, Joseph Duke, Patrick Fiveash, Cody Crews, Christian Dunaway, Lauren Seydewitz. Front row, left to right: Jennifer Carter, Erin Thoresen, Nilanjana Snyder, Lesa Lorusso, Tonya Spry.