Established in 1942, DeKalb County Department of Watershed Management (DWM) services more than 5,000 miles of water and wastewater pipes in the county system. Over the years, Gresham Smith has provided standby engineering services on multiple projects for DWM, including the design and upgrade of numerous lift stations. Our work not only replaced aging infrastructure but also enhanced each station’s performance by making them more energy- and operationally efficient, helping prevent the occurrence of flooding and sewage backups.
linear feet of pipe replaced to date
Capture & Pump!From collection system improvements to lift station upgrades, our scope of work for DWM covers a wide swath. Highlights include:
- Harmony Hills Pumping Station Upgrade – This fast-track, FEMA-funded project was the final step of flood-emergency-related repairs to improve reliability during flood conditions.
- Scarborough Square Pumping Station Upgrades – Improvements included a new driveway and easement, lighting, fencing, grading, and new water and gas service lines.
- Perimeter Park Lift Station Improvements – A site survey comprising identification, topographical features and underground utility locations. The project also included a new lift station.
- Columbia Drive Lift Station Improvements – The design of a new lift station, including the demolition of the existing wet pit/dry pit-type station.
- Pepperwood Lift Station Improvements – Upgrades included a new wet-well pump and design, and conversion from diesel to a natural-gas generator.
- Royal Atlanta I Lift Station Improvements – Upgrades comprised the rehabilitation of the new wet-well, top-mounted suction lift pumps, and a new natural-gas-driven standby pump system.
Other key lift station projects for DWM include improvements to Hammer Mill Lift Station, design services for the Fairington and Stone Mill Lift II stations, and the rehabilitation of Stone Mill I Lift Station to bring the existing station up to current standards.
Our team develops creative solutions for the world's toughest infrastructure problems.
Learn more about our Water expertise.