Fifth + Broadway is the product of over a decade’s worth of planning and negotiations with the City of Nashville to redevelop the city’s first convention center into what has become the new center of Music City. Opened in 2021, it features a 24-story office tower, a 386-unit multifamily tower as well as over 239,000 square feet of entertainment, retail and cultural amenities, including the highly anticipated National Museum of African American Music. The development has quickly become the vibrant shopping, dining, entertainment, living and working district in the heart of downtown Nashville. It’s the city’s first development to integrate office, retail/entertainment, residential and hospitality space on a large scale. Gresham Smith provided architectural, engineering and planning services and served as the architect-of-record for the entire project, with the ultimate responsibility of making certain that all components function properly, work together and are delivered on time.
Entertainment, Retail and Cultural SF
A One-Stop ShopThe development is a live/work/play district in the heart of downtown Nashville. It will include:
- The Place, a 34-story, 386-unit residential tower perched above the development
- 501 Commerce, a 385,000-square-foot Class-A office tower
- The highly anticipated National Museum of African American Music
- Assembly Food Hall, a multi-level dining and entertainment destination with more than 20 eateries and a music venue
- A 2,253 vehicle parking garage in three separate structures
A View to the FutureOpened in 2021, Fifth + Broadway has dramatically enhanced Nashville’s urban core, meeting the city’s increasing need and demand for multi-use space, and providing much-needed office space within the central business district. Located directly on Broadway across from Bridgestone Arena, the facility provides pedestrian and mass-transit access and unobstructed city views.
It Takes a VillageBrookfield Properties led development of the property, while Gresham Smith served as executive architect, architect of record and civil engineer. Other team members included:
- Site masterplan: Gensler
- Retail and office exterior design concept: Gensler
- Residential exterior design concept: Pappageorge Haymes
- Residential interior design: Jules Wilson Design Studio
- Office lobby and amenity interiors: Gensler
- Landscape architecture concept design: Hoerr Schaudt
- Landscape architect of record: Hawkins Partners, Inc.
- Structural engineer: Stanley D. Lindsey and Associates, Ltd.
- MEP/FP engineer: Alvine
- Environmental graphics: RSM Design
- General contractor: Skanska