Gresham Smith has been assisting the Columbus Regional Airport Authority (CRAA) with environmental consulting services at Port Columbus International, Rickenbacker International, and Bolton Field airports for well over a decade. As part of this work, we support the environmental department, engineering department, airport operations staff and project teams with various ongoing and emergent environmental services.
Our work includes:
- Deicer and stormwater management and master planning, including aircraft deicer application estimates and runoff treatment evaluation,
- Phased development of an environmental management system,
- LEED applicability review of CRAA’s five-year capital improvement program,
- Update to the CRAA’s Construction Stormwater Guidance Manual,
- Air emissions inventory, and
- Various training, permitting, NEPA documentation and compliance assessments relating to SPCC, SWPPP, NPDES and others.
We have also worked closely with the CRAA on several major capital improvement projects, including a consolidated rental car facility, stormwater management and EIS for runway relocations and new terminal construction, an intermodal rail facility on a brownfield site, and the construction of cargo ramps.
We proudly act as a true extension of the CRAA staff, providing the Authority in-depth knowledge of their systems and environmental concerns in order to maintain compliance and effectively manage their environmental resources.