Our ESG Framework
Our approach to ESG provides a cohesive framework for measuring and communicating our impact as an organization—particularly as it applies to our people; our clients; our suppliers, vendors and consultants; the communities we serve; and the world at large. Environmental considerations take into account how we perform as stewards of our planet; social criteria encompass our relationship with and impact on employees, suppliers, clients and communities; while governance focuses on, among other aspects, our leadership, succession planning, internal controls and the delivery of our practice.
ESG also provides a unified foundation for communicating the key considerations and actions that align with our mission, core purpose, brand promise of Genuine Ingenuity, core values and culture, and the four perspectives of our strategic plan.
Our Environmental focus is rooted in working closely with our clients—advocating for responsible stewardship and helping them increase efficiency and reduce negative environmental impacts resulting from their operations. Our experience and passion uniquely position us to provide workable, sustainable, healthy and holistic solutions that address both current and future challenges. Across our firm, we also work to minimize waste and reduce our carbon footprint as we strive for a healthier, more sustainable and resilient future.
Goal 1Develop, capture and report metrics associated with our sustainability and resiliency design commitments to reduce—and ultimately eliminate—negative environmental impacts.
- AIA 2030 Commitment (Toward Net-Zero Operational Carbon)
- SE 2050 Commitment (Toward Net-Zero Embodied Carbon
Goal 2Develop, capture and report metrics associated with our business operations to reduce—and ultimately eliminate—negative environmental impacts.
- Annual GHG Emissions Audit (Operational Carbon)
- Healthy + Sustainable Workplace Policy
Our Social focus is driven by our company culture and engagement in activities that create healthy and thriving communities. Our company culture drives what we do, and our Core Values of Commitment, Integrity, Respect and Teamwork are foundational to our every interaction. Whether it’s working to ensure that each employee feels valued and included while having the opportunity for personal growth and professional development, or whether it’s giving back to the communities we serve, we believe that each of us has the opportunity—and the responsibility—to have a positive impact on the lives of those around us.
Goal 1Cultivate a professional, inclusive culture where diversity is celebrated and all employees feel that they belong, are valued and have equal opportunities to thrive—both personally and professionally.
- Perform equity reviews for all employees, including transparency communicated firmwide regarding our pay equity philosophy.
- Adopt a comprehensive DEIB Strategy, which includes education and awareness, recruitment, workforce development and measured outcomes.
- Ensure a safe and respectful workplace.
- Seek feedback through surveys and one-on-one interactions to consistently improve our firm’s culture and engagement.
Goal 2Cultivate a professional, inclusive culture where diversity is celebrated and all employees feel that they belong, are valued and have equal opportunities to thrive—both personally and professionally.
- Mentorship Program.
- Build U Program.
- Blueprint for Supervisory Excellence.
- Internal and external learning and development, including licensure preparation and reimbursement, and access to CEUs.
- Support and encouragement to participate in professional organizations.
- Leadership Evolution and Advancement Project (LEAP).
Goal 3Commit time and resources—both from the firm and from individuals—to support community organizations that are having a positive impact on community well-being, health and wellness, and education/STEM-related causes.
- The Batey Gresham Philanthropic Program.
- Tiered level of giving: firmwide, local and individual.
- Volunteer matching hours.
- Community Impact Award.
Our commitment to Governance as a privately-owned general partnership begins in our boardroom and with our Core Values, to ensure that we plan and execute the key elements of a strategic plan that is balanced and supports the long-term health and stability of our firm. Our robust operational and management systems are geared toward upholding high standards of integrity, accountability and operational excellence while also providing agility to adjust to new challenges and opportunities.
Goal 1Govern our partnership with clearly defined policies and procedures built on a foundation of ethical principles, demonstrated commitment to transparent compliance and a robust internal oversight structure.
- Core Values
- Oversight and Accountability
- Compliance Training
Goal 2Maintain a strategic focus on a smart, sustainable and resilient business model that is built around the firm’s long-term health and stability.
- Plan the Work/Work the Plan.
- Expanding Our Vision.
- Valued and Aligned Services.
Goal 3Proactively manage our risk to protect our stakeholders.
- Enterprise Risk Management.
- Project Risk Management.
- Professional Qualification.